My preschooler decided she no longer wants to eat zucchinis. I’ve tried offering them in many different ways (soups, steamed, with cheese, in curry…) I even named them “zippy zucchini”, she loved that, but also said to me “I don’t want my zippy zucchini, no mum.”
So one day I thought I’d give these a try, we haven’t had them in ages, and I know everyone else in the house likes them.
I gave my preschooler half a slice, not expecting her to even touch it, or perhaps to peel off the cheese and only eat that. Nope, she ate it and asked for more!
To make these you’ll need:
- Zucchinis (3-4 or more) sliced long ways, usually you can get 3 slices per zucchini
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (or more to cover them)
- 1tsp garlic
- 1tsp basil
- 1tsp oregano
- 1tsp parsley
- Lay the zucchini slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Mix the spices/herbs together and sprinkle on the top
- Evenly distribute the cheese over the top
- Bake in a preheated over (400F) for ~20 minutes (until soft in the middle and golden brown on top)
Pin or save this recipe for easy access!
If you’re ready to get into the Mini Meals Mindset at snack time, sign up below for my Snack Staples List and join my NIFTY community (NIFTY = Nutrition Info + Feeding Tips for You!)