Thank you for joining my NIFTY email community! You’ll get an official welcome email shortly. In addition to this list, you’ll get an email every two weeks from me with feeding tips and nutrition facts to help your family!
Here is my dietitian MUST-HAVE list of snack staples.
You can download this list using the “download” button at the bottom of this page.
- Dried fruit (for example: Raisins, apricots, dates)
- Fresh fruit (for example: Bananas, apples)
- Whole grain/whole wheat bread (keep in the freezer) and/or whole grain crackers (low/no salt)
- Cereal (for example: Oats, Weetabix, grape nuts)
- Peanut butter (check the ingredients, look for peanuts only, or peanuts and salt)
- Yogurt (plain)
- Cheese (sliced and/or shredded)
- Dark chocolate (yes, the dietitian said it)
- Popcorn kernels (invest in a popcorn popper see my pick here, or even a brown paper bag in the microwave will do it)*
- Canned fish (for example: Light chunk tuna, salmon with bones, sardines with bones)
* Remember, popcorn is a choking hazard for kids <4.
If you have questions, join me in my Instagram stories @family.snack.nutritionist
I answer your nutrition questions during the week.
Download the PDF of this list, link at the bottom of this page.