If you’ve got youngsters, you’ll know the mess from certain foods like rice and quinoa are very off-putting. Here’s a quick, simple, adaptable, all-in-one meal with significantly less mess!
What you’ll need * see below for variations:
– 4 whole eggs
– 1/2 cup of shredded full fat cheese (you can add more or less)
– 3 mushrooms (diced fine)
– Cherry/grape tomatoes (quartered)
– Arugula/rocket (finally chopped)
– 1 cup cooked quinoa
– Herbs and spices of choice (some suggestions include garlic, cumin, curry powder, parsley, oregano)
How to make:
0. Preheat oven to 400F
1. Dice the mushrooms, quarter the tomatoes, shred/finely chop the arugula. Add to a mixing bowl.
2. Add the cooked quinoa.
3. Add the herbs and spices, cheese, and eggs.
4. Mix well, making sure the eggs are completely combined.
5. Spoon evenly into muffin cups (I like the silicone ones)
6. Bake in the oven for 13 minutes (until the centers reach a minimum internal temp of 160F – to ensure the eggs are cooked)
Store in the fridge. I love these because they reduce mess and they’re a complete meal for babies or toddlers: They’re high in iron, protein, they contain a complex carbohydrate, and veggies.
This recipe is very versatile:
– You can add a shredded carrot/zucchini/bell peppers.
– You can change up the spices/herbs.
– You can use rice instead of quinoa (I recommend cooked brown basmati.)
Pin or bookmark this page for easy access.
If you’re ready to get into the Mini Meals Mindset at snack time, sign up below for my Snack Staples List and join my NIFTY community (NIFTY = Nutrition Info + Feeding Tips for You!)