If you’re looking for a fun summertime snack that’s healthy, delicious, colorful, and your kids can help you make… You’re in the right place. Save or pin this post!
This recipe is easily customizable, it’s full of nutrients including calcium, protein, pro and prebiotics (the stuff that keeps the bacteria in your gut nice and happy) and more.
What you need: (I’ll share my recipe and give you the more options at the bottom)
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup plain yogurt or kefir
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
What to do:
- Add all your ingredients to a blender
- Enlist the help of your kid(s) to help measure/load the ingredients and press the blend button!
- Fill molds, freeze for 3 hours minimum
- Use whatever frozen fruits YOU like
- Use a combo of fresh and frozen fruit
- Kefir on it’s own is not everyone’s favorite flavor, but blended into a smoothie/popsicle, makes it delicious and kefir is a great way to introduce more gut-healthy probiotics
- Add chia seeds and blend them in
- Add a sprinkle of hemp either before or after blending
- Add a spoon of peanut butter
- Add some cocoa powder or cinnamon
Want to feel confident knowing you have some simple, kind phrases up your sleeve to reduce your stress and frustrations at mealtimes? Get started below. Start minimizing mealtime meltdowns and stop fighting with your child so you can enjoy mealtimes again.