These guys are great to make with your kids and freeze your leftovers…or make a double batch and freeze.
A great way to keep your family healthy is to have some ready-(home)made pancakes on hand.
You’ll need these ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon oil (coconut, veg, or canola, or butter)
- Heat a large skillet/banquet fryer to medium heat and grease with butter or oil.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together. Add the chocolate chips to dry ingredients and toss until dusted with flour.
- Combine the milk, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, and oil.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the heated skillet (they do puff up, you can make smaller ones for little kids.) Cook until bubbles start to form and then flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
Serve with fruit. Great with peanut or other nut butter, syrup (look for ones free of high-fructose corn syrup if possible.)
For freezing, allow pancakes to cool before placing in zip-lock bag. Keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.
If you’re ready to get into the Mini Meals Mindset at snack time, sign up below for my Snack Staples List and join my NIFTY community (NIFTY = Nutrition Info + Feeding Tips for You!)