Here are some tips for success when it comes to eating out with young children.
- For babies under ~14 months, bring “whole” foods from home to keep sodium low, especially under 12 months (e.g.; broccoli, tofu, less mess quinoa cups)
- For toddlers in the range of 14-20 months, bring some food from home they can start on while you wait for your meal (no one wants a hangry toddler!)
- Bring activities for your child (books, magnadoodle, finger puppets, coloring) to keep them occupied
- It IS an unreasonable expectation that they sit still and quiet like an adult – be prepared to take them on a walk around the restaurant or outside
- Sometimes making the call to order in will lead to more success and enjoyment for everyone!
Bookmark or pin this guide for easy access next time!
Want to feel confident knowing you have some simple, kind phrases up your sleeve to reduce your stress and frustrations at mealtimes? Get started below. Start minimizing mealtime meltdowns and stop fighting with your child so you can enjoy mealtimes again.